Author Topic: Stomach Ache?  (Read 7952 times)

alemacks

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - arlemacks@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Stomach Ache?
« on: September 10, 2010, 02:21:23 PM »
 :'(

I was wondering if anyone has experienced nausea, stomach ache, loss of appetite, ect? I started on the program 4 days ago, have lost 4 pounds and I am beginning to feel bla. Is that because my body was so used to sugars? Am I detoxing?  :o

I thought maybe it was due to eating too many eggs/cheeses/meats? I have had eggs/sausage every morning for breakfast and three times this week (only 2 a day) deviled eggs for a snack.

Thanks so much,

Angela

owensmath

Re: Stomach Ache?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 03:11:12 PM »
Loss of appetite is the good part of it. You won't be as hungry as you used to be. I've had bouts of the other issues off and on, but I figured it may be my body adjusting to not needing the medication I am on for Type 2 Diabetes. It is probably part of the detox and will pass.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 03:29:24 PM »
When I was detoxing from sugar, I had persistent nausea and general bowel discomfort for several days 24/7.

My wife bought me some CarbSmart Yogurt (3 net carbs per container).
After eating it, I felt soooooo much better almost right away and have not had any nausea or other discomfort since! I do eat one container of it 3-4 times a week.

She bought it at out local Fred Meyer store (may be called Kroger in your area).
Your local grocer may carry their own (or other) brand of low-carb yogurt.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 03:31:06 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

alemacks

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »
 :D

Thanks so much for the advise! I started Weight Watchers 4 months ago and lost 25 pounds, then I would gain 5 of it back and then loose it. 2 weeks ago I gained 7 pounds back and was DONE! I found Doug's book, thanks to CBN (Christian Broadcast Network), and started Tuesday.

My starting weight (4 months ago) was 220. Monday I weighed 198.  I weighed in this morning and I am at 194 ~ feels so good to be below 200! ;0)

Thanks so much!

Angela

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 05:03:19 PM »
Welcome to the forum Alemacks and congrats on the weight loss!!!  I lost my appetite in the beginning and felt a little blah, but I thought that was a good thing because I wasn't racing to the fridge for food.  Eating just seemed unimportant instead of the "most" important thing in my life. I just ate the basics in the beginning just to get used to reading labels and counting net carbs.  After I felt comfortable with my new lifestyle I started to experiment with the many wonderful recipes and ideas I got from the book and the forum.  You will find a lot of help from the forum members.  Enjoy your new journey!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 05:23:14 PM »
Hi Angela, welcome to our FTS family forum, the best weight loss forum on the web! I didn't see any watery veggies in your mix like summer squash, zucchini, iceburg lettuce and others I've outlined in the book. It's not uncommon what you're going through as you detox. I want you to be sure to drink lots of water to continue flushing your system and I want you to add some watery veggies to your mix. It's not uncommon for me to have the same breakfast your eating right on top of a bed of shredded room temp ice burg lettuce! Give it a try and do stay in touch...we're all here for you :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

alemacks

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 09:36:44 AM »
Thanks Everyone, and thank you Doug for taking my many emails and leading me to ths forum. I am at 193 this morning, I am so amazed! We are leaving for a mini vacation Wednesday and I wanted to be below 190 before we left, it appears I will make that goal! YAY!  :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 09:40:20 AM »
Welcome alemacks!You are detoxing. Congrats on your weight loss! I am dougs wife and i have a column  on the homepage called ask umpa where i can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.If I can help please ask.Have a great time on your vacation! ;D

alemacks

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 08:33:56 PM »
Hey Umpa,

I thought that was you (Doug's wife) from the pictures. You are so adorable, I love how supportive you are on all the pages I have read. Thanks so much.

Angela

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 09:17:40 AM »
You are very welcome!If I can help please ask ;D