Author Topic: Feeling Great!  (Read 2674 times)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Feeling Great!
« on: October 04, 2010, 11:14:07 AM »
I have just finished my 3rd week on FTS, and I am feeling GREAT!  So glad I didn't quit while going through detox.  For me, the first 3-4 days were the tough ones.  I'm down 13 lbs (total 37 lbs when added with what I lost during my "dreary calorie counting" since April.)

I had the wonderful opportunity to have dinner with Owensmath (Donna) on Saturday!  SHE LOOKS AMAZING, and she brought some FTS snacks....Jicama, Crisp Bread, strawberries, cinnamon crackers, tortillas, and 2 kinds of sugar free choclate!  She is SUCH an inspiration, and she really got me thinking about new things I can try!  I am planning to make butternut squash soup, and I printed a few recipes from this forum too!  I can't wait to get to the grocery store.
By the way.....where do you find Xylitol?  I saw that it can be ordered online, but I would love to use it in a recipe tonight....

Thanks FTS (and Donna).  I am so excited!!

Jan
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 11:25:23 AM by Maddysmom »

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Feeling Great!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 11:26:11 AM »
Congrats Maddysmom, sounds like you are on your way and already feeling great.  I find xylitol in my local health food store. 

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 11:36:34 AM »
We don't have a health food store in town. I probably should have checked around Atlanta over the weekend. We only have GNCs here.  I just called them, and they only carry something called "stevia".  Anyone  know anything about that?

owensmath

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 11:46:34 AM »
Maddysmom, YOu can order xylitol online (netrition.com, amazon.com, etc...). They sell different sizes of bags. If you don't get it soon, let me know and I'll get you a bag and bring it to the tailgate on the 16th if you are going.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 12:06:52 PM »
Thank you!  I will probably go ahead and order it from Amazon.  I should have it in a few days.  I have coconut cream cheesecake bars on my mind! ha ha

Oh....after that pattymelt (without the bun) Saturday in addition to everything else I had that day....I was down another pound Sunday morning!  This is getting fun!   

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 03:38:41 PM »
Way to go Maddysmom ;D ;D ;D

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 07:40:01 PM »
Maddysmom great going!!!It only gets easier from here! ;D