Author Topic: Frustrated  (Read 4053 times)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
Frustrated
« on: April 07, 2011, 09:28:45 PM »
So I have been really good and its obviously beginning to show me results, but here is my frustration. I went to my endorcrioloigist on Tues and weighed in at 231 :) (old fashion Dr scale) and then today I weighed in at Weight watchers (digital and on a rug) (Have to go until the 17 weeks are up, if not I have to pay for it) and it weighed in at 245  >:(  .. I know that weight fluates during the day and I have adapted to that, but 13 lbs is a HUGE difference.. I had the nurse and Dr show me that it was balanced on Tues (each time without the other knowing) and they both got the same weight.

I am really bothered by this and dont knwo which way to lean towards (I prefer the lower one) :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 09:34:53 PM by Alex Cruz »
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Rena

Re: Frustrated
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 12:05:12 AM »
Oh, wow -- that is a huge difference. I say go with your own scale at home and to heck with those other guys. ;)

joagain

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 06:21:18 AM »
I would say the docs scales or right and maybe WW has their scales higher so it takes longer for you to reach your goal = more money for WW .  ;)

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 06:59:02 AM »
Jo,
I did WW for a while in the past and that thought as always crept into  my mind. 
Alex,your dr scale is probably more accurate.  But I gree with Rena, weigh yourself at home and forget the other scales.

Theresa

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 08:29:10 AM »
If any of us went in during the middle of the day we would weigh way differently than we do in the morning. I would never use my mid day weight as a gauge for my real weight, it just fluctuates too much from what you have eaten, what you have drank and what you are wearing. So just weigh first thing in the morning, after you have used the bathroom and preferably naked (every ounce counts) and that will be your real weight.

And if it makes you feel better, I always figure on 10 pounds more at the doctor, so it's not that unusual that you weighed 13. Time of the month is a big factor also, that can add 10+ pounds.

Don't worry Alex, you're on the right track...just keep doing what you're doing and watch the magic.   ;D
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 08:31:30 AM »
Alex, you can weigh yourself on 20 different scales 20 different times during the day and get 20 different results. What you're putting yourself through now is completely self imposed. You were flying high last week when you posted your 30 pounds lost post, now your frustrated. Pick one scale, weigh yourself every couple of weeks always at the same time.   No offense to WW but a scale on a rug will never read correctly, their idiots if they don't know that. Your doctors scale is correct.

KEEP THE FAITH, STAY THE COURSE, SPREAD THE WORD
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 10:07:07 AM »
Thanks and sorry for my venting.. I cant wait to finish WW so I dont have to weigh in with them... I will stick to my Dr scale...
Alex

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 11:44:02 AM »
It is possible that at WW they know the scale will not be correct on the rug.  Sad but true.

Don't let the numbers you see there discourage you.   Measure yourself and you will be amazed by the inches you are losing.  You are doing great I hope I have done as well when I hit 3 months. ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 01:08:47 PM »
Wow Alex, I'm sorry to hear that you must endure WW. :'(

The others are right...
Anyone knows you don't put a scale on a rug or carpet and expect accurate results.

I have a very accurate digital scale.
Under it, I placed a 12" x 16" piece of 1/2" thick plywood.
It agrees with my doc's digital scale within 0.20 lbs..
But it's not worth a darn if I use it on our carpet.
On carpet, the readings will vary anywhere from about 5 to 17 pounds away from true weight.

When you get your WW weigh-ins, just ignore the scale readings.
They are obviously very wrong!
What you do today is what matters!

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 03:03:37 PM »
yay, that is what I am going to do.. I think I have 4 more meetings and that is it...
Alex