Author Topic: weight-loss HAS SLOWED DOWN! HELP!  (Read 1688 times)

AmyGB680

• View Profile
    • Email
weight-loss HAS SLOWED DOWN! HELP!
« on: January 26, 2012, 03:28:17 PM »
I started the lifestyle December 19th at 209.5 lbs I lost about a pound a day for nine days and then it just hovered around 199 or 200, sometimes more if I hadn't had a bowel movement or was menstruating. It's now been over a month and I haven't gone below 198. I do know that I wait too long to eat breakfast (1-2 hours), wake up too late (noon) go to bed late (2am) so I eat dinner at 8pm. I read in Kevin Trudeau's book that you shouldn't eat past 7pm and that you should eat protein within thirty minutes of waking up. My meals and snacks are the same : 3-4 eggs and 2 cups salad with hemp seeds and 3 TB bleu cheese dressing (2grams) for breakfast. Cheese, 17 nuts, or 8 olives for snack. Protein shake (<1grm)
for lunch. Another snack like celery with peanut butter or pork rinds. For dinner, beef pattie with grilled onions and handful salad or handful garlic green beans. For dessert, zylitol sweetened blender ice cream with heavy whipping cream ( grams) and five big frozen strawberries or 1/2 cup fresh blueberries. Almost a gallon of water a day.
So what can I do to speed up weight loss When I did Atkins ten years ago I lost 30 pounds in four months. Now, at 31 I wonder if my metabolism or thyroid is out of whack? I use 2-3 TB coconut oil because it's proven to help you burn more fat! What's your experience been when hitting this first plateau? Will exercise speed it up? I'm frustrated :/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:13:33 PM by Doug Varrieur »

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The first thing I would do is stop mixing advice from different sources.  You don't say anything about eating only when hungry instead of on a schedule or eating relatively small portions and waiting to see if you are still hungry.  I had to fight the urge to feel full but I knew that was over-eating.  I'd take another long look at Doug's book and make it simpler on yourself. His advice isn't contradictory and you can start again with his plan for finding out what your eating schedule and quantities should be.

joagain

first of all Kevin Trudeau is not a weight loss expert .  ::) ::) nor is he a money expert

But you need to stick with the FTS plan reread Dougs book . You probably or not gonna lose a pound a day everyday until you reach your goal . weight loss starts & stops. But if you are doing what Kevin Trudeau's book says then you can not be following FTS

Reread Dougs book and start anew !

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: weight-loss HAS SLOWED DOWN! HELP!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 07:32:38 PM »
Your weight loss has slowed down because you're eating to much sugar period end of story. 1 cup of blueberries is 20 net carbs, 5 BIG strawberries? Measurement by cup please.. There's 6 grams of net carbs in 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds. 2 cups of salad?...what's in your salad? How much grilled onion? What kind of Peanut Butter

I don't care what time you eat Kevin Trudeau's incorrect in my opinion. I also disagree with eating anything based on a clock....be honest, are you truly hungry within 30 minutes of waking up? If not why would you eat anything. Basic rules here....only eat when your body truly needs food and then only enough to satisfy the need.

I think if you really look hard and start a food journal, watch portion sizes and eat only when needed your scale will start to drop again.

PS- Welcome to the family!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 01:42:45 PM »
Amy, I am not critizing your sleep schedule because I have been there BUT..when you eat too many carbs and sugar you will sleep more (lack of energy).  Try eating just protein..fruits have natural sugar which turn to carbs.  Avoid them for a while.  You haven't completely detoxed from the sugar, for some of us it's easier than others.  Drink lots of water too, it helps you know if you are really hungry or just cravings.  Good Luck.
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 03:31:24 PM »
Welcome to the family, Amy!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Doug is absolutely spot on correct!

My advice... Read the "FAT to Skinny" book again ASAP.

The FTS lifestyle is very simple with few rules.
If you follow them, you will lose weight and keep it off!
What you do today is what matters!