Author Topic: zucchini cinnamon pecan muffins  (Read 16719 times)

toddy44

Re: zucchini cinnamon pecan muffins
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 09:46:40 AM »
Oh Umpa, I wasn't doubting your counts!
I'm just confused because I used almond meal from the bulk food section in the grocery store, I'm afraid the nutrition information was absolutely non-existent so I have no idea.  It makes a huge difference to my carb count for the spinach bread, so I don't know how to calculate it!
HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!  Either I'm being very good with each slice, or I may not be!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 05:58:45 PM »
The almond meal I use is 2 carbs per 1/4 .if you need to reduce carbs even more you can cut your flours with soy protein.Toddy you ask all the question you like thats what we are here for. :D It gets confusing because people are buying different brands of flours so the carbs counts are different.

toddy44

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 10:15:58 PM »
And you know Umpa it is confusing because I had no idea that they were all so different.  Sounds stupid, but just thought that almond meal would be generic. 

The one I bought was (as I said) from the bulk bin and had no nutritional information.  I therefore guess I should be counting it as 18 for the almond meal alone.

I bought some flax meal today, 0 carbs, so I'm going to use some of that, perhaps a half/half mixture.  What do you think?

Linda

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 07:37:35 AM »
Careful with the flaxseed or you will end up  with breadsticks that look like giant turds. giggle.

toddy44

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 07:39:55 AM »
hahaha beebs, thanks for the heads up

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 03:41:43 PM »
i think experimenting is good.I would cut it 2/3 almond flour to 1/3 flaxseed. ;)

toddy44

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 04:41:10 PM »
I love to cook, so experimenting to me is a lot of fun.
I'm going to try it with zucchini, I love zucchini bread and I also made these great zucchini muffins....kind of like little quiches, when I was on a low calorie "diet"!
I'm going to work out the carbs and will post a recipe probably over the weekend.
Linda

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 09:33:05 AM »
Play with the flaxseed and hazelnut flours.i use them both and they are wonderful! ;)

toddy44

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 09:34:21 AM »
Oh no, you're throwing another flour in the mix for me?  I had enough trouble finding the almond meal here LOL

shawn116

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2011, 09:13:25 AM »
Hi guys

I was wondering if you make your own almond meal what the carb count would be.  It may be a silly question but it made me think when you said that different brands have different counts.  Thanks  this forum is fantastic!!!  I keep reading and reading.... so much to learn   :D :D :D

joagain

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2011, 09:19:50 AM »
depends on what your package of almonds say . The now brand of almond flour is 1 carb per 1/4 cup which is the lowest I have ever seen and it is good too 1

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2011, 11:41:08 AM »
Okay, I live in a VERY rural area, so not a lot of selection on some of the ingredients, I need to order online, can anyone point me in the correct directions for the most affordable stuff? like what is the GG brand stuff..can I buy it online, and I can find almond flour here..but it's 5$ for a pound  :o I also need xylitol... THANK YOU every one! I really want to try lemon squares the lowcarb/sugar way...but need ingredients!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2011, 12:59:42 PM »
Okay, I live in a VERY rural area, so not a lot of selection on some of the ingredients, I need to order online, can anyone point me in the correct directions for the most affordable stuff? like what is the GG brand stuff..can I buy it online, and I can find almond flour here..but it's 5$ for a pound  :o I also need xylitol... THANK YOU every one! I really want to try lemon squares the lowcarb/sugar way...but need ingredients!

Hi Renae! :)

I find most everything I need at Netrition.com or Amazon.com.

I buy GG Bran Crispbread at: http://brancrispbread.com/

Also, I use Goggle Advanced Search site at: http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8
It is very efficient at locating most anything on the web.
What you do today is what matters!

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2011, 11:53:01 PM »
I've been lucky in finding the lower carb options of these things; I found almond flour that is 1g per 1/4 cup for $3.75/ 2lb. bag.  Natural Grocer by Vitamin Cottage.  It is a lot cheaper than Bob's Red Mill; if any of you have the Natural Grocer near you, GO!  Their television ads are the most annoying things in the world, but I have found several things there I can't get elsewhere (except online of course).

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2011, 10:03:44 AM »
My almond meal /flour of choice is Now unblanched almond flour at 4 carbs per cup.(yes I said 4 carbs per cup ;)) I like amazon and netrition