Author Topic: Pancakes and Syrup!  (Read 3759 times)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
Pancakes and Syrup!
« on: March 02, 2012, 08:21:07 AM »
I just made pancakes and they were SO GOOD! I ordered this stuff called Carbquick from Netrition and to me it's basically like low carb bisquick. You all know I am not a great cook but this stuff makes it easy. They were so good, they almost tasted like funnel cakes. Two carbs too, can't go wrong with that. Oh and I used the Walden Farms pancake syrup and that is amazing. It actually takes like real, honest to goodness syrup. So yummy, it felt like I was eating tons of carbs. :) I'm going to try making the other recipes on the box and see how those turn out...should be interesting.

So since my guys have joined me on FTS we are trying all kinds of things. My husband loves Netrition and is currently waiting for Guy BBQ sauce to arrive. Funny, I've been on FTS for 2 years (at the end of the month) and never ordered from Netrition. My guys are on it two weeks and they can't stay off that site.  Is there anything that you buy from there that you love that we should try? Let me know!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

joagain

Re: Pancakes and Syrup!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 08:25:55 AM »
Sherrie the drop  biscuits recipe  on that box are easy and very good

NewMe11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 08:39:56 AM »
I've realized I need to place an order for this stuff :)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 08:56:23 AM »
Jo the drop biscuits are my next conquest. The cheese biscuits were good too. ;)
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 09:37:53 AM »
It's great stuff as far as I'm concerned.  I love the cheese biscuit recipe!!  It's like the ones you get at Red Lobster.   I also like to add a bit of carbquick to my recipes at times to get a more cake feel to them.  (Like the one minute muffin)   Also awhile back I made some chicken and dumplings that were to die for  ;D  I just wish it was a little cheaper  :-\

I really don't order from them that often so I can't really say to many but for sure the Seal Sama teriyaki.  It is a must have for stir fry......Yummm

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 09:42:43 AM »
I LOVE pancakes and waffles!  I haven't tried the carbquick, but the flaxseed pancakes will keep you full until dinner time!  :)   Hey, while you are ordering from Netrition, I bet your guys would LOVE Umpa's cookies made with the beanit butter!   ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 10:16:27 AM »
In the Bakery Book there is a french toast bread that is made from soy protein powder sherripie.Your son would love it. :) Premixed flours like carbquik aren't necessary just convenient.Thats why I wrote the Bakery book because not everyone can afford the expense of some of these products. ;)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 10:28:48 AM »
Umpa, when I first read the recipes that called for pre-made mixes, I was pretty disappointed because I'm not a big pre-mix user, and I'd look up a recipe to make but then couldn't make it because it called for a pre-mix, but when I got the Bakery Book, I blessed you all over the place! The recipes are a lot more NOW make-able for me.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 10:34:22 AM »
I had a woman write to me that missed baking with her daughters.They were all on the plan,it bummed me out.Thats what started it all. ;)

Rena

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 10:36:53 AM »
Carbquick makes a great pizza crust, also.

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 10:54:33 AM »
Sherri I order from Netrition a lot more than I should but FTS friendly products are scarce here so I pay the price.  I compare to Amazon but order from whichever is cheaper (but love both).  I also use the carbquick in lots of my recipes for my husband's taste.  He prefers more of a "cake" texture so I usually split my flours and 1/3 of each flax, almond and carbquick for the total recipe.  The carbquick box has a pound cake recipe inside that I made a while back.  Following is my modification from the box.  I baked it in a bundt cake pan and it was beautiful.  Tasted wonderful right after it was baked.  After it was refrigerated it dried out rather quickly.  Since it is only me and hubs here next time I make it I plan to freeze some right away. 

Here's the cake recipe (modified):
Carbquick indicates 16 servings with a net of 2 carbs per serving (I got 24 servings)

3 1/2 cups Carbquick
1 1/2 cups Splenda (used 1 1/2 cups Xylitol)
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla (replaced with 2 tsp SF Torani Brown Sugar Cinnamon syrup)
6 whole eggs
8 ounces cream cheese, softened (used 1/3 less fat Philadelphia)
1 tsp Apple Pie Spice (it does not call for this - but I added it anyway)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease angel food cake pan (tube pan, 10x4 inches or 12 cup bundt cake pan) and dust with Carbquick.  Beat all ingredients in large bowl on low speed 30 second scraping bowl frequently.  Beat on medium speed 4 minutes scraping bowl occasionally.  Pour into pan.  Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool 5 minute and turn pan upside down onto wire rack or heatproof serving plate.  Remove pan and let cool completely.

Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 11:00:00 AM »
I am working on FTS Flours right now.I want my own line of flours.I don't like the premixed stuff because I don't know whats in them and there are too many people with allergies.  Plus baking should not break the bank! ;)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 11:03:56 AM »
How absolutely cool that you are coming up with a line of FTS low-carb products that we can trust!

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 11:04:51 AM »
Umpa that is great that you are working your own line of flours.  TooSweet had mentioned trying to duplicate a mastermix that her grandmother used to use.  The problem is that is made from flour that we don't use anymore.  But in the end would replace the carbquick.  We've been busy with other family issues lately and haven't had time.  Glad to know the resident expert has already got it covered! :D
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 11:05:32 AM »
 :) We aim to please.