Author Topic: Scott in Florida - Oct 3 + 10 weeks - GOOOOAAAAALLLLLL  (Read 4303 times)

scottinflorida

Scott in Florida - Oct 3 + 10 weeks - GOOOOAAAAALLLLLL
« on: December 12, 2012, 08:52:12 AM »
These last 3 weeks have been pretty amazing to me.  Usually the weight comes off more slowly when you get closer to your goal, but that has not been the case recently.  2 weeks ago I lost 2 pounds, then a week ago I lost 4 pounds, and now today's weigh-in I was down another 2.2 pounds, which actually put me exactly on my goal.  10 weeks, 25 pounds.

As I mentioned in a post 10 weeks ago, I used the FTS plan 2 years ago to lose 80 pounds.  It's just that since then, I made too many "just this once" exceptions and a few pounds crept back on. 

Here's the thing - being very open here - I knew I was gaining back a pound or two here and there, and I would keep telling myself, "All right, I have to get back on track and make the right choices about eating.  Get it together Scott!" but in my mind I knew that in reality no one would know but me if I did the right thing or not.

That went on for a little while, until I realized that a big component of my success previously was the accountability factor.  When I started this 2 years ago, I made the public statement that I would be posting my progress every Wednesday morning, so it would be right here on this forum for everyone to see.  Surprisingly (to me anyway), that is what kept me in line.  I knew before I reached for that cookie, or had that big helping of potatoes, or ordered the side of fries, that I had a weigh-in coming up on Wednesday and it was going to reflect how serious I was that week.

After I reached my goal a year ago, I kind of drifted away from regular posting here.  I would check in sometimes but not consistently.  So I knew, this time, I had to get involved again and get on here consistently, dependably, publicly.  So here I am.

So this is my challenge to you - if you are having trouble staying on track, make a post here for all to see that you want to be kept accountable.  Then make it a point to come here each week and post your progress.  Not once a month or whenever you feel like it - do it the same day every week and let everyone here help you reach your goal.  That's what helped me anyway.

I have a plan for continuing now, but that will be a separate post - I have people with computer problems that need me at the moment  :)

Have a great week everyone!

Scott

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Scott in Florida - Oct 3 + 10 weeks - GOOOOAAAAALLLLLL
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 08:59:36 AM »
I am very happy for you!!!Congrats! I also agree with you :)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 09:37:50 AM »
It's been great to have you back.  Congratulations on re-attaining your goal

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 12:09:06 PM »
That's outstanding, Scott!!!... I'm VERY happy for you!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Most all of us here have been addicted to carbs.
As with any addiction, being accountable and "staying on top of it" is critical to long term success.

And like any other addiction, if we fall off the wagon, the important thing is we get back on ASAP.
Otherwise, we're likely to put all the weight we've lost back on, plus some.

As a recovering carbaholic, I recognize that if I were to disconnect from this forum,
the likelihood of my sliding back into my old ways would increase greatly!
Not to mention, it does my heart wonders helping others live longer, healthier lives. :) :) :)

So we should all take a cue from your experience, Scott.
We should stay connected to our FTS family through this forum.

The FTS lifestyle keeps our bodies in line... The FTS forum keeps our minds in line.
We should all faithfully use both to maximize our success! 8)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 07:43:30 PM »
Congrats Scott!!   ;D ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 09:28:10 AM »
Well said Scott :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 01:03:49 AM »
WOO HOO Scott  8)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 08:50:49 AM »
Morgan,
How was your trip?  It's great to have you back and I hope you had a wonderful time!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 03:56:36 PM »
Had a great time Andrea, lots of shopping and seeing sights. Seeing how people with very little make do and are happy with there lives.  Really people are the same the world over, they get up, go to work, have families, pay bills, could do with more money, shop, eat, pray.  Cultures are becoming more westernised I think and losing the 'essence' of what they were.  The cruise part was very relaxing (maybe too relaxing), the seas were really calm so it was a smooth voyage.  Activities were good but a lot was based around drinking (I don't drink) and eating (which I shouldn't have).  Everywhere you turned there was a food or drink activity going on.   My favourite was 'movies under the stars' where there is a big screen in the open with deck chairs all around.  It was like the old drive-in movies.   With that (unfortunately?) came free popcorn, free icecreams, free burgers, free hotdogs, free pizza, free fries - catch my drift? (lots temptation).

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 09:33:35 AM »
I use to love the drive in!! :)

Val Copeland

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 08:08:51 AM »
Congratulations Scott! Are you at your final goal and now beginning a maintenance phase or have you set a new goal because you want to lose more?
"Do something today that your future self will thank you for."

scottinflorida

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 08:12:13 AM »
Congratulations Scott! Are you at your final goal and now beginning a maintenance phase or have you set a new goal because you want to lose more?

I'm okay where I'm at now so maintenance is okay, but I will see where my body takes me in relation to my running.  Weighing less has definitely helped the running.  On Wednesday 1/2 I will do a new post on my plan for maintenance, including accountability since that seems to be the key factor for me.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:38:04 AM by scottinflorida »