Author Topic: more proof  (Read 2853 times)

jetfan

• View Profile
more proof
« on: May 03, 2013, 02:30:39 PM »
reults average 13% of daily calories JUST from added sugar: study
Most Americans get around 13 percent of their calories from added sweeteners including sugar, honey, maple syrup, high fructose corn syrup and others, according to CDC researchers.

Most U.S. adults get 13 percent of their total calories from added sugars alone, a new report finds.

A new report suggests that if you are like most adults, you're probably eating, or drinking, too many "added sugars" in the form of sugar, honey, maple syrup, and high fructose corn syrup.

Researchers at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Center for Health Statistics examined survey data from thousands of American adults, finding that most people get a whopping 13 percent of their total calories from added sugars alone. Not only does that add a lot of extra calories which contribute to making us fat, sugary items often displace healthier items, such as fruits, vegetables, and foods packed with nutrients.

RELATED: HOW TO STOP DIABETES FROM STARTING

The data also showed that men consume more sugar per day than women -- men take in an average of 335 calories from sugar; women, 239 calories. Also adults tend to eat the most sugar in their 20s and 30s, with the consumption dropping steadily over time. For example, men between 20 and 39 years old consumed 397 calories of added sugar per day, on average, while men in their 40s and 50s consumed an average of 338 such calories per day.

The report adds that sugar-sweetened soda is the single biggest source of added sugars in the American diet, yet these beverages overall accounted for only one-third of added sugars consumed by adults, compared with two-thirds from food.

RELATED: 6 SUMPTUOUS SPRING SNACK SWAPS

Also, when it comes to added sugars, we tend to eat and drink them mostly at home, the study showed -- 67 percent of added sugars from food were eaten at home, along with 58 percent of added sugars from drinks.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/adults-average-13-daily-calories-added-sugar-study-article-1.1332982#ixzz2SGdmmfBF
Failure can be measured by the steps we don't take.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: more proof
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 11:35:26 PM »
Hi, jetfan! :)

Just about everybody knows about sugar, fructose corn syrup, etc..

But they don't know about all the hidden sugar in grains, rice, breads, etc..
That's why so many stay FAT even after they cut out the obvious sugars.
This is where the FTS lifestyle saves the day!!! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

jetfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 09:07:53 PM »
 :) :) :)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: more proof
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 05:33:18 AM »
Those hidden sugars are pernicious indeed! :-\

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 09:17:44 AM »
HiYa Jetfan, How are you doing? :)

jetfan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 09:26:09 PM »
Doing well, thanks for asking. Down 25, and have so much more energy, been attending to my garden, which
was planted with low carb veggies, and berries . I am hoping for a good crop.  :) :) :) :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 08:53:44 AM »
Good for you!!! ;D i just got my garden in too,super excited! :)

jetfan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 02:20:03 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :) :)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 01:44:00 AM »
Interesting articles.....sugar and hidden sugars are evil.  There is untold horrible consequences for our society that relies on all the sugary and floury and hidden sugar processed foods.  The dentist told me yesterday about the young kids who are coming in with mouths just completely full of cavities because of sugar, and especially sugary drinks and sodas.  It's just really sad.  A friend told me today about her son's weight problem, and he just turned 18 and has really high cholesterol.  When I told her what is possible with giving up sugar and flour though, she cringed, as if I had talked about killing puppies or something.  She said that is just something that is not possible for people to do, as if sugar and flour is impossible to avoid......so sad.  My attitude is if I can give it up though, anyone can. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 08:37:18 AM »
YES YOU CAN ;)