Author Topic: Let's juice it  (Read 13500 times)

ereino

• View Profile
Let's juice it
« on: May 21, 2013, 01:22:09 PM »
I have been given this recipe from a friend and really like it and it has loads of nutritional value:

Ingredients:
1/4 medium tomato (approx 1.25 net carbs)
1/4 avacado (approx 1.25 net carbs)
1 kale leaf (I don't know what to say here - on the web it says 1/4 pound  or 4 oz raw is 9 net carbs - so, how much does one large leaf of kale weigh? - I didn't weigh it - so maybe we can effectively say it is 1.25 net carbs????)
2 teaspoons of ground flax seed (I think flax seed has as many carbs as it has fiber so zero net carbs)
1/2 cup cold water (or however much you want to use to maintain a nice rich and somewhat thick to not so thick consistency yet where you can eat with a spoon.) 

Total 3.75 net carbs (anyone else want to take a crack at the count...be my guest - this really isn't an area I like to get into, but I do see the value in it.)

BLEND ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER

Okay, I know some people out there are going NO WAY - BUT, I happen to like really different textured foods and I found this to be a pleasant taste and texture.  I typically have this in the morning three days a week when I get to work so all of the folks can go - OH GOOD GRIEF - WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT! 

Rhonnie1965

• View Profile
    • facebook page
Re: Let's juice it
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 02:55:17 PM »
hi ereino.  I love juicing my veggies.  I haven't juiced a tomato yet.  but i do get all of my green veggies in a glass.  more than i can eat.  I still eat veggies but this has made me feel wonderful.  I haven't blended mine.  a friend of mine does.  i use a juicer.  thank you for sharing!

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 03:48:25 PM »
Hi, thanks...I have a submerging blender and just blend it in the plastic container that came with the blender.  Zip and it's done.  I'm glad as I don't have to get my food processor all dirty and have to clean it.  Take care and happy juicing!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 08:40:01 AM »
I've never been a juicer or blender guy but this certainly packs a nutritional punch!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 08:44:37 AM »
I use to love v8 juice , I haven't tried to juice veggies though ;)

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 09:16:16 AM »
I am not a juicer either prior to this...and Doug, you are certainly correct on that one - it sure does have a nutritional kick to it.  

monana

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 08:09:27 AM »
I have been given this recipe from a friend and really like it and it has loads of nutritional value:

Ingredients:
1/4 medium tomato (approx 1.25 net carbs)
1/4 avacado (approx 1.25 net carbs)
1 kale leaf (I don't know what to say here - on the web it says 1/4 pound  or 4 oz raw is 9 net carbs - so, how much does one large leaf of kale weigh? - I didn't weigh it - so maybe we can effectively say it is 1.25 net carbs????)
2 teaspoons of ground flax seed (I think flax seed has as many carbs as it has fiber so zero net carbs)
1/2 cup cold water (or however much you want to use to maintain a nice rich and somewhat thick to not so thick consistency yet where you can eat with a spoon.) 

Total 3.75 net carbs (anyone else want to take a crack at the count...be my guest - this really isn't an area I like to get into, but I do see the value in it.)

BLEND ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER

Okay, I know some people out there are going NO WAY - BUT, I happen to like really different textured foods and I found this to be a pleasant taste and texture.  I typically have this in the morning three days a week when I get to work so all of the folks can go to visitez phenq site france - OH GOOD GRIEF - WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT!

It sounds like a nice recipe, I'll give it a try.

These days I am drinking a green juice that helps me in managing my sugar levels. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients - 1 bitter gourd or bitter melon (obviously its bitter so its good for BS levels), 1 tomato (to counter the bitterness) and 1 cucumber.

I put all these 3 things into the juicer and juice it. The color of the juice is not exactly bright green, in fact it's light green. Also, I don't add extra water into it because it is bitter so I don't want to drink too much.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 10:44:56 AM by monana »