Author Topic: New to FTS  (Read 14846 times)

rugygirl58

New to FTS
« on: October 20, 2013, 06:32:33 PM »
Hi everyone,  I am just starting on the program....I am on my 3rd day.  I have struggled with weight forever!!! I can always lose but can't seem to maintain the loss.  This program seems to be the right fit for me.  I have been on every diet known to man......and I have never shared myself on a forum.......I want this to be a new start, different start, and a permanent lifestyle for me.  I am 58 yrs old and a retired registered nurse. I live in Canada but spend some of the winter in Arizona.  I have 2 adult children and 4 grandchildren.  I'm finding my way through the website and looking for recipes and also looking for support.  ::)

shawn116

Re: New to FTS
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 07:13:58 PM »
Hi rubygirl

Welcome to the forum  :)  Come in often and join in on the conversations.  It's a great way to say on track plus you get to hang out with some awesome folks.  We are all here to help each other.   ;)  You could probably read for days and days to get all the good tidbits and recipes, if you have any questions please be sure to ask.  Someone will chime in pretty quick.  I'm looking forward to getting to know you  :)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 10:47:58 PM »
Welcome rubygirl - there is always something new to be learnt on this forum.  Jump right in - tell us what you think.  If you have any questions just ask, someone will be able to answer.  Don't forget to let us know how you are going.  :D

rugygirl58

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 12:31:00 PM »
Thanks for the welcome..........I have one question  Can you use Splenda in place of xylitol in recipes?

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 12:46:45 PM »
Hi rubygirl!! nice to meet ya! Dry granular Splenda has carbs. I have used Splenda with Fiber that cancels out the carbs though.

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 03:55:22 PM »
I have used Splenda with Fiber that cancels out the carbs though.

I don't think that is possible.  The fiber will have it's own carbs and cancels out it's own, not what is already there.  I would question that for sure.  This is from their own website:
† The American Dietetic Association and the American Diabetes Association consider a free food to be any food or beverage that contains less than 20 calories and 5 grams of carbohydrate or less per serving. The fiber in SPLENDA® ESSENTIALS™ No Calorie Sweetener, 1 gram of Fiber is counted in the total carbohydrate amount. Up to three packets of SPLENDA® ESSENTIALS™ No Calorie Sweetener, 1 gram of Fiber are considered a "free food" in meal plans for people with diabetes. SPLENDA® ESSENTIALS™ No Calorie Sweeteners, like most no-calorie sweeteners, meets FDA standards for no-calorie foods (<5 calories per serving).

What this is telling me is that up to 5 carbs are considered free foods and only 3 packs are considered free under these guidelines.  That tells you that there are at least 5 carbs in only 3 packets.  It doesn't add up....why don't they allow 5?  I would stay away from any powder form of Splenda unless you count those carbs.   ;)    Just my thoughts

rugygirl58

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 04:10:24 PM »
Thank you for your input.......I will look at the ZERO

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 04:23:43 PM »
I use Zero instead of Splenda anyways, I love it. My bag of Splenda granulated plus Fiber, that I used to have, was 1 carb and 1 gram fiber per gram weight.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:26:08 PM by o0OSusieO0o »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 05:43:34 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, rubygirl!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I'm 61 years old.
And like you, I've been on almost countless weight loss programs to only gain what was lost, plus MORE!
And, my health was a mess (type II diabetes, high blood pressure, messed up cholesterol, etc.).
I was also taking for meds... But after 6 months living FTS, NO MORE MEDS! ;D ;D ;D
And now over 3.5 years from the start, I'm healthier than I was 30 years ago!

If you commit to the FTS lifestyle, you will be far healthier soon than you are today! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 08:55:33 AM »
HiYa Rubygirl ! :) Welcome to the forum.I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.You can win three bottles of Zero if you win dougs contest and a book ;)

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 06:31:24 PM »
Zero Sweet is so much better than any sweetener I have used.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 10:17:29 AM »
Its all I use susie ;)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re:
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 11:30:14 PM »
Welcome ruby girl, and we are happy to help you whenever you need it.

Grover

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 08:31:11 PM »
Hello, rubygirl, I'm new here soon, I am glad I could help you. Although I lost, but I think has been maintained, so I came here. I've been through the fat to thin, so you have any questions you are welcome to ask me, I'll be glad for you to answer any questions.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 08:01:32 AM »
Hi Grover welcome to the forum :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)