Author Topic: FTS vs Atkins  (Read 16636 times)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
FTS vs Atkins
« on: August 18, 2010, 10:45:27 AM »
Since I am new and havent read the book, I really dont know what I am in for besides that I am excited to try it and make it work.
I did read some posts about carb counting and was wondering if this is similiar to Atkins or even South Beach Diet?

:o
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

gonnagetthere

Re: FTS vs Atkins
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 10:57:02 AM »
They are both low carb but this is for some reasoneasier and  I am sure others will explain to you better then I can why that is .

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 11:09:12 AM »
the difference is that atkins is a diet:( FTS is a lifestyle...a low carb lifestyle that you start today and live for the rest of your life:) that way you lose the weight.... and IT DOESNT COME BACK:) ..... FTS rids your body of DEADLY sugar.... and replaces all of the foods that got you to the point your at now,with foods that will get & keep you where you want to be:) does that make sense?

gonnagetthere

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 11:20:12 AM »
very good gary

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 12:49:42 PM »
It does, but will I will be at 20 carbs a day forever?  or will I eventually introduce healthy carbs such as wheat and sweet potatoes?  sorry for so many questions.  :o
Alex

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 01:45:29 PM »
Potatoes are evil and full of sugar. :o

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 02:46:00 PM »
no once you reach your goal weight , you will then embark on the maintaining journey,to find out how many carbs you can consume without getting FAT again:) ..... but me personally, i have no desire to let sugar back into my body.... the "new" substitute foods or replacement foods are better for you and will let you keep your health:) once i get "healthy" I'll be damned if i am going back to FAT me:)  it's all in the book.

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 03:45:53 PM »
That makes sense.. If you have ventured and accomplished a new lifestyle, why change was is already established..   Forgive my ignorance, since I havent read the book ( ::) anxiously waiting for it)  I am not sure if there are phases or what the steps are.. YES, I WANT TO START ALREADY!!!!  :)  Caps were meant in a good way..  :P
Alex

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 04:18:40 PM »
lol 8)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 04:39:49 PM »
Q#1- What makes you think carbs such as wheat and sweet potatoes are healthy?

Q#2- Who did you order your book from?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 06:03:18 PM »
Hi Doug.

Ive been a diabetic for 5 yrs and have met with 4 different nutritionists who state that I should not have any "WHITE ANYTHING" except cauliflower. Then they told me that wheat and sweet potatoes are acceptable and healthy carbs.  I can only trust the professionals since I am not qualify to disagree.

2 of these nutritinists were during 2 of my pregnancies. What I can tell you is that I did apply the wheat theory and so no difference. My BG in the am were sky high at times. I ended taking up 140 cc of insulin in shot at night..  :o  my pharmacy even called the DR thinking he had made a mistake. Granted that hormises play a huge role in BG in a pg woman..

Since the birth of my last baby (1 yr ago July) my sugars have been stable with the ocassional spike due to be a bad girl.   :(

Please educate me though I know  youre going to say its all in the book I am anxiously waiting.  ::) :D

As for the book, before I found your site and email, I found it on amazon and the cookbook I bought through your ebay store.
Alex

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 07:11:09 PM »
I'm surprised your Amazon order is taking so long  :-[ As for "good carbs" every nutritionists I ever met had a name like "Mitsy" weighed 97 pounds and never had a weight problem in their lives  :o  Carbs are carbs are carbs...it's all sugar....stay away from it all if you want to balance your blood sugar and lose weight. Are you a type 1 or a type 2 diabetic?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

TTnomore

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 08:05:23 PM »
Hi Doug....in my former life I was in hospital food service management and I can tell you there are a lot more overweight dietitians out there than the American Dietetic Association would have you believe. ;)
Gail
Gail

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 11:16:03 PM »
 My husband and I have been on Atkins and South Beach with very little results and never could stay on it.  The biggest difference with FTS is education.  The book explains why this way of eating is so important for a lifetime of health in a way that is very easy for almost anyone to comprehend.  You truly begin to look at certain foods as poison for your body and they lose their appeal.  We have made gradual changes and probably are not eating less than 20 carbs everyday and in 2 months I have lost 10 lbs and my husband has lost 20.  The best part is he no longer has to take insulin shots.  His blood sugar is now stayin within normal range and sometimes even too low.  We do eat only the foods that Doug recommends.  Our goal is to get to 20 carbs or less every day and I am working on menu planning to help out with that and be consistent.  It is a lifelong change and it takes commitment and time.  But it is SO worth it. ;D ;D

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 01:23:19 PM »
Thanks Paula. I know that commitment along with discipline is what going to make it happen. I have 4 kids and I want to see them grow up and be part of their lives.. So this is a MUST for me.. I also told my husband that I know its harder for the older kids (16 and 10) to adapt (which with time they will) but that this is the time to teach our younger ones (3 & 1) good eating habits..

I will approach it with baby steps, cause i know that I'm impulsive at times and I can become discouraged..
Alex