Author Topic: Sept. 20th Started Again !  (Read 72946 times)

shawn116

Re: Sept. 20th Started Again !
« Reply #225 on: July 12, 2011, 10:55:19 AM »
my Blood pressure was borderline last year and it was 117/78 and my A1C was 6.2 .

That is so awesome Jo!!!  I'll give you a HELL YEAH for the .2!!! ;D ;D

owensmath

« Reply #226 on: July 12, 2011, 10:59:21 AM »
Well...way to go!!!! I think about it this way... had you GAINED .2, you would be .4 (almost half a pound) higher than where you are now! So.... go on and do the .2 and then another .2 and another.....

You can do this! : )

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 12, 2011, 02:00:40 PM »
Well I weighed in and lost (are you sitting down ) .2 give me a HELL YEAH , Ok I ma kidding about the hell yeah but not the .2
 Tony I have lost a inch or 2 in the last month nothing much . But you are correct I lose slow because I have been on & off diets for so many years I guess I have just messed up my metabolism .
 It is what it is and I need to focus on all the good things & I do most of the time but boy it gets frustrating   >:( >:(.
But on the bright side my Blood pressure was borderline last year and it was 117/78 and my A1C was 6.2 .  Thanks guys !

Hi Jo! :)
Welcome back home!!! :) :) :) :)

I too have tried so many diets over the years, I think my body's metabolism has become a bit confused. :P

But like ShihTzuMom1 said, a loss is a loss.
So celebrate even the little victories... Over time, they add up to winning the war!

And a BIG congrats on the BP and A1C!!!... Those numbers show that you are getting healthier! ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #228 on: July 12, 2011, 04:37:32 PM »
 :-* LOve yall guys !!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 12, 2011, 04:44:12 PM »
:-* LOve yall guys !!!

We love ya too, Jo!

Do us a favor... Please!... Put your nice face back on your avatar.
You're on your way to a new you... You should look it!

joagain

« Reply #230 on: October 15, 2011, 06:21:30 AM »
I have learned one thing other then I am the slowest loser , I will be great at maintaining my weight when I reach my goal probably 2 years from now . Since I went on vacation I  I just cant get into the swing of things ,
 I am still eating under 20 carbs I do that just out of habit now . But I just want to eat more of the junk carbs & not eating my veggies so then I am hungry and eat more meat .

But anyway I will never give up I feel so much beter then I did over a year ago even though I have not lost alot of weight . For others that are just starting out and or not losing " 30 pounds in 30 days " I just want you to know that it does not happen like that for everyone ! We all are different ,we dont know why we lose slow or fast . I think my hormones or & have been out of sync since I had my Hysterectomy 15 years ago . I will be going to the doctor as soon as I have the money ,because  that is when I started having depression problems & started on that medication.
 Umpa I know you do the herbs is there anything that would help with this  ? I really dont want to get on any medications

Well just wanted to tell anyone that is not losing fast it will happen , I did not lose fast  & did not get to my goal but I am 40 or so pounds smaller then I was last year ,made lots of friends & feel better !  I read  this somewhere cant remember where

I need to look at this process as a healing time. I've abused my body all my life with carbs  now I need to let it heal to be the best that I can be.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 02:35:00 PM by joagain »

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #231 on: October 15, 2011, 10:04:48 AM »
Good morning Jo!  Speaking of hormones, I had a total hysterectomy 8 years ago at age 40.  They prescribed the Vivelle hormone patch for me afterward.  For the next several years, Phil kept telling me that I needed to ask for something different.  :-\ (Ok....I will admit that maybe I did have mood swings :-[ ...sometimes. ha ha).  Well, when I went for my ob/gyn check up last November, I asked to try something else.  Well since then I have been on an RX of a hormone pill called "Estratest".  I feel GREAT, and I like Phil better too!  ha ha   I hope you can find something that will work for you.  Do you have medical insurance?  If so, most plans have a preventive/wellness benefit that pays for a routine visit each year.  

I am so glad you are here!  I don't like it when you are missing in action.....Love you girl!!!  :-*
Jan
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 07:34:09 AM by Maddysmom »

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #232 on: October 15, 2011, 03:02:08 PM »
still a loser nonetheless:)  remember when you gave up????? like tony says...doesnt matter how long it takes to get there....just get there:)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2011, 04:10:47 PM »
Jan and katary are right, Jo! :)

And like you said yourself, you've damaged your body for a LONG time eating high carb.
Don't become discouraged because the scale is not giving you the numbers you'd like to see.
Please continue to follow the FTS rules and allow your body the time it needs to heal at it's own, natural rate.

And like Jan, I too am glad that you are here and miss you when you're gone.
Always remember that, no matter what, you are loved and supported here!
We love to hear from you! :) :) :)

Tony

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2011, 04:36:15 PM »
Have you ever heard of Sam-E Jo?I take it everyday to keep me out of the hormone funk.A great herb for you would be stinging nettle infusion.If you are interested I will post how to make the infusion.Nettle is about $6-$9 a pound.If I can do anything to help you always ask my dear friend :-*

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #235 on: October 15, 2011, 05:33:49 PM »
So glad to see you Jo, I have been wondering where you were  :)  I don't care how long it takes me to lose this weight as long as I keep it off!   ;D

joagain

« Reply #236 on: October 15, 2011, 06:24:16 PM »
Thanks guys just gets so frustrating when you have so far to go .   I have heard of Sam -E but have never thought to take it ,might have to give it a try I am going to try and get my blood work taken care of in a couple of weeks .

Thanks  ;D

shawn116

« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2011, 11:03:51 PM »
Hi Jo   I just wanted to say hang in there girl.....  I know how it can be frustrating.   I have a friend who is the one that told me about FTS to start with... she told me that once she started on her hormone replacement and the levels became normal for her, she started dropping weight pretty good.  Now that she has been off of her hormones for a while (do to insurance changes etc..)  It has been much slower.  We aren't sure if it is a coincidence or not???   There might be something to that.  I hear good things about the Sam-e I've been thinking about trying that myself   ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #238 on: October 16, 2011, 09:29:39 AM »
Trust me girls...Sam-E is a good thing  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

joagain

« Reply #239 on: October 16, 2011, 09:38:06 AM »
how much Sam-E do you take Umpa ?