Author Topic: HELP ME!!!  (Read 4471 times)

KEKE

• I'm Fat!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - keydenj
    • View Profile
    • Email
HELP ME!!!
« on: June 08, 2011, 02:53:00 PM »
 :) HOWDY Y'ALL ITS BEEN A WHILE..WELL I HAVE NOT LOST 40 LBS AND I AM AT A STAND STILL..I JUST ATE A BIG BROWNIE WITH ICECREAM THINKING THAT IT WILL PUT THE SUGARS BK IN BY BODY SO THAT I CAN HAVE SOMETHING TO LOSE..I WORK OUT 4 DAYS A WEEK

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: HELP ME!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 04:26:08 PM »
Hello Keke! :)

Stall outs can be caused by a number of things.
But remember, our weight loss journey includes losing inches which often happens while the scale isn't moving.

My scale hasn't moved in quite a while.
But I took measurements this morning, I noticed that I've lost a bit here and there since the last change on the scale.

As we lose weight, there are also metabolic changes happening that we can't see.
Our bodies must readjust their chemistries to accommodate changes to our fat content.
The time it takes to do this can be quick for some folks and slow for others.

So be patient and stay away from the sugar.
Sugar is a surefire way to mess up your progress.
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 05:00:12 PM »
Well said Tony....

Hi Keke

I am one that hasn't been seeing much on the scale but the inches seem to be coming off.  I keep thinking that it is just relocating...LOL   I am also having to battle my blood sugar which I have suspicions that might be why my weight is coming off slow.  It makes since right??  You must lower the sugar in your blood for your body to have to hunt for fuel in your fat stores.  I think me having Diabetes is just making it a slow process. (This way of life has allowed me to come off all of my Diabetes meds though) Keep your chin up and stick to the plan Doug has explained in the book it will happen.  You might need to cut back on something that you are eating.  Are you keeping a journal of everything that passes your lips?   The reason I ask is that will help you to see where carbs may be sneaking in.  Portion control is another thing that gets me.  If I don't check myself my potions get bigger and bigger...LOL  My journal, food scale and measuring cups are a must for me.   Also are you maybe skipping meals??  I have a friend that does that and just doesn't get that she is forcing her body to hold on to what fat she has.  This will for sure slow your metabolism.  We might need more info about how you are doing in order to give the best advise.  We are all here to help and cheer you on. 

Shawn

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 05:43:18 PM »
Hi Keke! I was just talking to Umpa about you :) Missed you girl, glad to see you back. Time for you to re-read the book my friend and check out the posts here- http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=7.0

Can't lose eating brownies and ice cream!  :o :o
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

joagain

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 06:22:42 PM »
Unless they are FTS approved brownie & ice cream  ;D

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 06:50:23 PM »
It's easy to make excuses for why we should eat something ....especially when we know that we shouldn't.  Speaking for myself I am a compulsive eater and have found ways to overcome my food addictions.  Without the book FTS I would probably be headed towards 400 pounds and wasting my money on the next weight loss gimmick.  I am glad to hear that you are working out.  Exercise is a great habit to stick with .  Be sure to read the book again and get recomitted to the lifestyle.  I believe you can lose the weight with FTS and the support you will always find here on the forum.  Welcome back!

KEKE

• I'm Fat!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 07:29:09 PM »
Doug (WHAT U TALKING ABOUT WILLIS,gary coleman)..i do still eat the fat to skinny way but for two months i have been at 190..but i guess i do need to start all over again..so for two weeks i need to stay away from what? other then sugar alcohols..

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 10:22:26 PM »
Hi Keke! :)

As we lose weight, the amount of food we need should decrease too.
So, try eating smaller portions.

If you've already determined exactly how much food quenches your hunger, try reducing that by 25% and drink more water.

Let us know what happens!

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 09:02:39 AM »
Sugar alcohols kill me, I even gained two pounds just by eating them this month. So if you are having trouble loosing, stay away from them.

As for stalling out, it happens to all of us. Personally, it happens to me about every three months. I eat the exact same way but I just don't loose anything on the scale. I am going through that this week as well. But I have found, through my complaining about stalling, that it really is a time that my body uses to readjust it's self. Typically I end up going down a clothes size, loose inches and firm up a bit. Yes it's really hard to go through that and not loose anything but it is how our bodies handle all the weight changes.

So stay away from the carbs and do your FTS and all will be well. Might I suggest re-reading the book. I find that always helps get me going in the right direction.
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 10:15:16 AM »
Welcome back KeKe! Congrats on the 40 pounds!  :)

KEKE

• I'm Fat!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 11:33:26 PM »
Thank you all

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 08:28:27 AM »
I remember when you first came to us Keke, you were on the grapefruit diet.....yuk!  :o  Glad to see you're doing so well.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Square1ate

• View Profile
    • WWW.YOURAVON.COM/SHARILUCAS
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 02:11:52 PM »
Help me too.  I have binging days. Which the 25 punds I lost is the 25 puonds I am still trying to lose.
I WARN YOU I AM SO SICK AROUND FOOD AND I NEVER CAN GAIN MY CONSCIOUSNESS AROUND IT.  i START THE PROGRAM TOMORROW

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 02:31:38 PM »
Help me too.  I have binging days. Which the 25 punds I lost is the 25 puonds I am still trying to lose.

Hi Square1ate! :)

Binging is primarily psychological.
After a couple of weeks, once you get completely past "sugar detox", your urge to binge or eat junk will diminish a great deal!

Portion control is much harder during detox than afterwords.
Life gets soooo much easier and you'll feel soooo much better once you get past detox! :)

You have to give your body a chance to detox.
If you don't, you're only torturing yourself.

We're here to help you.
But we can only do half the work... You must do the other half!

Square1ate

• View Profile
    • WWW.YOURAVON.COM/SHARILUCAS
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 04:54:17 PM »
THANKS. aND i CAN'T HELP A PERSON THAT HAS KNOWLEGDE SO WELL LAID OUT FOR EVERYONE. BUT i CAN SAY DETOX IS A GREAT IDEA. AND THX. ITS LIKE PUTTING A NAME TO A FACE AND HAVING A FRIEND YOU KNOW.
I WARN YOU I AM SO SICK AROUND FOOD AND I NEVER CAN GAIN MY CONSCIOUSNESS AROUND IT.  i START THE PROGRAM TOMORROW