Author Topic: Hard to believe...  (Read 5028 times)

snobles

Hard to believe...
« on: July 19, 2011, 02:20:09 PM »
It's hard to believe that I've lost 30lbs. already!! It's so funny how the mind plays tricks on you! When you go and change your eating habbits, the mind rejects it, because it's not used to it and when you try to go back to the old way, it made me sick! Literally. It took a while for the brain to catch up to the routine, but now that the mind has Finally caught up, the weight is steadily comming off! I'm @ 209 now. I've been heavy most of my married life, I didn't really consider myself heavy, as I was sporting at 240lbs. I hid it well. And now that I'm in full swing, I'm not stopping! Until I reach what I was in high school! 125. This "way of life" makes it so easy to loose weight! Now at work when some of the co-workers offer me  cookies and stuff, I tell them, no thank you! It's no so hard to say no now!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Hard to believe...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 02:28:07 PM »
You go girl!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 02:52:20 PM »
Hooray Stephanie! :) :) :) :)

It takes time to undo the damage of all the misinformation we've been fed all our lives about how we get FAT and what we need to do to lose it.

I'm happy to hear that you've cleared the biggest hurdle toward your success.
You've come to the place where this lifestyle becomes "automatic".
From here on out, your journey will get even better! :)

In several weeks, my FTS one year anniversary is coming up.
My pre-FTS thought patterns about FAT have become a complete stranger to me for quite some time now! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

owensmath

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 03:29:41 PM »
Stephanie, how tall are you?

snobles

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 03:51:57 PM »
@Owensmath 5ft. 4 how come?

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 04:57:54 PM »
Yeah Stephanie!!!  ;D ;D  You go girl.....Your on a roll  ;)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 07:29:29 PM »
You rock... Keep it up.. It really does become second nature
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

owensmath

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 09:13:39 AM »

I know it's a strange question, but I like to know how tall people are when they mention their goal so I can see if mine is realistic for my height. I am 5'7" and I had set a goal of 150 but my doctor said I should weigh only 130. I am still so far from it that it seems impossible.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 09:53:55 AM »
 ;D I am so proud of you Steph!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 02:28:35 PM »

I know it's a strange question, but I like to know how tall people are when they mention their goal so I can see if mine is realistic for my height. I am 5'7" and I had set a goal of 150 but my doctor said I should weigh only 130. I am still so far from it that it seems impossible.

Hi owensmath! :)

When I discovered FTS, losing 115 pounds seemed impossible to me.
But now that I'm well passed half way there, I know it not only seems possible... I know it IS possible!

You'll have to reach that 150 pound goal before you could reach a 130 pound goal.

Like the rest of life, take this lifestyle one step at a time, and one bite a time.
You'll know when you've reached your destination.

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 09:37:06 PM »
Congrats on the 30#s!!  I also am only 5'4" - My goal right now is 145.  I know that is considered "high end" for my height, and possibly still "overweight" on the BMI, but I was there once (long long ago in a galaxy far far away lol) and looked goooood!!  I figure I will get there and see how I feel and what I want to do from there.  I think it's a personal decision on where you are comfortable with yourself.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 09:21:58 AM »
Owensmath the chart the doctors use says at 5 feet tall you should weigh 100 pounds for every inch   over you add 5 pounds.My math that  at 5'7 your weight is 135 .(you need to give your doctor a math lesson)I think that is crap because you won't be able to maintain it.That chart does not take into consideration,bone size or breast size or age(menopause). If  i weighed 115 I would tip over,I have a 40 d chest :D I would look like Dolly Parton!In all my years I have never been able to get below 150 and maintain it.So 150 is my weight my body likes :D
Its what weight feels good to you. :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 01:19:32 PM »
Amen, Umpa!!! :) :) :)

Rena

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 01:37:47 PM »
the chart the doctors use says at 5 feet tall you should weigh 100 pounds for every inch   over you add 5 pounds.My math that  at 5'7 your weight is 135 .(you need to give your doctor a math lesson)I think that is crap because you won't be able to maintain it.

Well, that's depressing. I hope it's not a vote of no confidence. I'm 5'8" tall and my goal is 145. I'm 151 right now, bordering closer to 150. The lowest I got after having my girls was 139 and I was able to maintain that until I got pregnant with my boys later on.

joagain

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 08:31:54 PM »
I was 5'4 and I weighed 150 -160  and it was perfect  ,oh how I long to be there again  ;D