Author Topic: Mini Donut Baker  (Read 9965 times)

owensmath

Re: Mini Donut Baker
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 12:52:14 PM »
I had leftovers and the donuts tasted even better on day 2.

shawn116

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 03:24:04 PM »
Yea mine did to owensmath.  Another good reason to cook ahead ;D ;D   I did do a bit of tweeking with mine though...LOL  I increased the salt because to me when you use flax meal it is pretty bland.  I believe it called for 1/8 tsp and I put 1/4 in.  I also threw in some nuts and the Hershey's chocolate chips.  The chips give you a bite of dark chocolate taste with it.  I was thinking that if you threw in chopped up sugar free peppermint candy, some extract or sprinkled them on top it would make a great holiday treat.  Too many ideas flowing through this brain  :o  8) LOL

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 08:37:33 AM »
The best way to dress up flax is emulsions toosweet.I buy mine at Ross for $2.99 each they are in the coffee section.Also chocolate and flax go together beautifully! ;)

shawn116

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 09:13:09 AM »
The next time I head to town I will plan a trip to Ross  ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 11:25:52 AM »
The best way to dress up flax is emulsions toosweet.I buy mine at Ross for $2.99 each they are in the coffee section.Also chocolate and flax go together beautifully! ;)

Hi Umpa! :)

Are you talking about the Ross (dress for less) women's clothing stores?
I would have never guessed they would carry emulsions.
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 08:30:22 PM »
I was making my great aunts pumpkin bread today and it smelled so good I had to give the FTS recipe a try.  I made Umpas pumpkin bread recipe with a few adjustments (because of ingredients I had on hand) added some nuts and baked it off in the mini donut maker.  I used a cream cheese icing with a bag and icing tip.....  They are really good and kinda cute for a party finger food  ;D ;D  My daughter liked them plain or with just whipped topping so I left half without the icing.  The recipe made about 70 little donuts at about 1/3 of a carb each  ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 08:48:29 AM »
Yes Tony.In the back they have a cooking section.Olive oils,balsamics,emulsions,seasonings,coffee and tea. :)
Toosweet those are so cute!Great job! ;D

romarc

• View Profile
    • Email
Emulsions
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 03:03:37 PM »
Umpa, are there any other stores that might carry emulsions?  Went to our Ross and they only had a few bottles of coffee and one bottle of butter.  Checked TJ Max, Publix, and Walmart but didn't find any.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 04:13:15 PM »
I buy mine at TJMAXX and Ross.Below is a link to the ones I use.They are cheaper than extracts because they are stronger.I pay $2.99 and they are $5 online.They get stronger when the heat hits them. Here is the link.Beware of the red velvet emulsion i used it for my birthday cake and my fingers were red for days!! :D :D :D
https://www.lorannoils.com/c-10-bakery-emulsions.aspx

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 06:19:16 PM »
thats sweet Marty! Amazon gets my business cause I have bunches of gift cards ;)

shawn116

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 08:32:49 PM »
Oh don't tell me I have to go back for another one!!  LOL   ::)  That is to cool...  Marty was it the same brand as the others?

shawn116

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2011, 08:58:44 PM »
I'll be on the lookout for them...LOL ::)   Hubs is going to laugh at me for this one...LOL 
Marty I'm curious did you use the liners in the cup cake maker??  Mine were a bit tricky to get out  :-\

shawn116

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 09:00:27 PM »
I'm thinking the waffle maker would work just the same  ;D ;D

shawn116

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 10:29:04 PM »
Because the portions are so small, I didn't wring the water out of the zucchini. They are delightful little morsels!
  I bet they were... that is a very nice recipe.  That is pretty much how I lifted mine too... could be a tricky task if not careful  :o   I might have to go to the next town over to see if their Walmart has the other.  I sure didn't see any at ours  :'(  Love to play with the gadgets...LOL  ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2011, 08:40:54 AM »
I need to get out my pizzelle maker and try pizzelles again :)
Marty maybe you should season the brownie maker with oil???Just a thought,I don't know the answer ;)