Author Topic: Newbie... just starting day three!  (Read 6281 times)

founditatlast

• Glad this is a way of life not a diet!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - giftsbydlynn
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - founditatlast
    • View Profile
Newbie... just starting day three!
« on: June 16, 2010, 09:50:43 AM »
Hi Doug... I saw you on 700 Club one evening and decided to buy your book. I have tried nearly every diet out there and even gastric bypass TWICE! Now, caring for my mother who has Alzheimer's, I am more sedentary and depressed than I have ever been. Both have done a number on my already high weight.  In the 2 years I have been caring for my mom I have gained about 100 pounds!  I had to buy a 'bariatric' scale so I could see where I started from... at 365 lbs. I am desperate!  
   Your book made sense to me and seemed it would be easy to follow. So far it has been.  I am already familiar with Walden Farms and CarbSmart.com and those stores have some wonderful items to help me shed those unwanted pounds.
   I have been on the new eating plan for only two days and just out of curiosity I had to weigh myself... 5.2 lbs gone already! Probably mostly water as I have been drinking water with a capful of lemon juice and a 1/2 teaspoon of Stevia in it.  Plain water I just don't drink so thought I'd try that.
  I'll keep you updated on my progress maybe once every 6 months or so.  I'm in it for the long haul! When I get my weight down some I can once again enjoy the activities of biking and swimming that I enjoy so much.  Right now it's difficult to even walk.  Wish me luck!
Sincerely,
Founditatlast (Diane)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 10:09:40 AM by founditatlast »

Joanne

• View Profile
Re: Newbie... just starting day three!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 10:32:53 AM »
Welcome & good luck!

owensmath

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 10:38:04 AM »
Welcome! You have come to the right place! God bless you as you care for you mom, too.

emercier

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 02:42:50 PM »
Welcome Diane
Being a caregiver is hard work and my hat is off to you.  I'm new here, too and it seems to be a very supportive place.  Good Luck and be sure to check in now and than
Evelyn

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 02:55:35 PM »
Welcome!  ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 07:28:43 PM »
Welcome founditatlast ! if I can help you please ask! ;)

founditatlast

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 09:13:35 PM »
Welcome Diane
Being a caregiver is hard work and my hat is off to you.  I'm new here, too and it seems to be a very supportive place.  Good Luck and be sure to check in now and than
Evelyn

Thanks, Evelyn,
    I see you are new too. I'm excited about all I have heard about this plan and have decided to stick it out for the long haul.
     My mother is the last parent to care for.  I cared for my deaf and blind step father for two years just before mom needed to move in.
    I also am a foster parent of four teenage girls.  Keeps me busy but evidently not active  enough to lose weight without the plan. LOL 
    Cya in the forum!, Diane

UFGatorJenn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 12:53:56 AM »
Welcome Diane!  You've found a wonderful group of people who are here to help and answer anything we can!  We're all in this together so jump in and let's do this!!

Jenn

catlady

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 06:50:28 PM »
Diane....we must have started the same day!  My heart aches for you with all of your important responsibilities.  I am so glad that you are now going to take care of yourself.  I, too, have made that decision.  Everyone on this website is so supportive and helpful.  I sincerely wish you all the very best.  I know you can do it!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 06:58:27 PM »
you are truly a saint diane, now its time to take care of you too! :)

founditatlast

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 08:45:30 PM »
  Taking care of myself has never been very high on my priority list!  But, you are both right, it's time... past time.  I'm 57 and serious side effects from the weight could start anytime.  So far I've been lucky (I prefer 'blessed').  Since my mother moved in I stopped wearing make up and doing my hair and nails.  I WANT to be a lady again but need to lose this wall of flab to make me feel better about myself.  I'm just sorry I didn't learn about Doug's book a lot sooner!
  As for caring for mom and the girls, that is a choice, I don't HAVE to do it.  I consider it my service to my Lord.  The girls are my mission field and Mom, well, I'm just doing for her what she did for me as a baby. Believe me... I'm no saint!
   Just tried CarbThin Zerocarb Egg Protein Shake Mix in chocolate.  I made it with water and added a little Stevia.  Pretty good... It certainly helps for a quick, filling snack.  I made a shake out of it by putting it in the blender with crushed ice. CarbSmart.com has some great items.  I'll have to try some others later.
  Thanks for all the well wishes.  I feel very good about this eating plan and the support available from the people on this forum.
Diane

Cyndi

• Waiting & blessing the Savior...Shalom † Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 09:35:48 PM »
Welcome Diane~ My heart is with you~~ You are right where you are supposed to be!
I am so glad your here! Every one in the forum is so helpful, kind and supportive!
We're gonna make it sis! Lord bless you~ \:D/
...Cyndi

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17