Author Topic: One Minute Muffin - OMG, Ya' Gotta Try!!  (Read 160936 times)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: One Minute Muffin - OMG, Ya' Gotta Try!!
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2011, 01:37:11 PM »
We went to the beach this past weekend, and I did fine sticking right to my FTS lifestyle.  My sweet mom brought along her homemade chocolate pound cake.  I didn't dare touch it  :-X, but it did look great.  :-\ So......today, I made the OMM using the unblanched almond flour, vanilla flavoring, xylitol, & 3 tsps of Hershey's unsweetened cocoa.  It was GREAT!!!   I had my own litte "chocolate pound cake", and  I was happy as could be.   ;D

Rena

« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2011, 03:37:34 PM »
We went to the beach this past weekend, and I did fine sticking right to my FTS lifestyle.  My sweet mom brought along her homemade chocolate pound cake.  I didn't dare touch it  :-X, but it did look great.  :-\ So......today, I made the OMM using the unblanched almond flour, vanilla flavoring, xylitol, & 3 tsps of Hershey's unsweetened cocoa.  It was GREAT!!!   I had my own litte "chocolate pound cake", and  I was happy as could be.   ;D

Awesome! I like making single servings like that because then I'm not tempted to have more.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2011, 08:55:09 AM »
Me too Rena!Maddysmom I love your new pic! :)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2011, 01:23:41 PM »
Thanks Umpa!  Phil took this last week for me because I needed an updated picture to send to Jandy, the media person.  I sent the full length one.  :-\   ....but I did have on some trusty BLACK pants to hide all I could.  ha ha

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2011, 08:35:21 AM »
Thank you Jan! You look content and very young ;)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2011, 01:20:52 PM »
Thanks so much Umpa.   Content....definitely! Young....not so much!  :D  ha ha   

Now I can say that I "feel" younger!   As of this past Wednesday, I have been walking 2 miles a day 5 - 7 times a week.  It makes me feel GREAT!  I never thought I liked excercise, but I've really enjoyed these early morning walks.   ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2011, 01:36:29 PM »
... Now I can say that I "feel" younger!   As of this past Wednesday, I have been walking 2 miles a day 5 - 7 times a week.  It makes me feel GREAT!  I never thought I liked excercise, but I've really enjoyed these early morning walks.   ;)

Hi Jan! :)

My wife and I LOVE our early morning walks too!
In the cool of the morning when the air is it's freshest, walks are soooo exhilarating! :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2011, 06:41:21 PM »
I agree Tony! 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2011, 09:09:01 AM »
I have been doing Tai Chi and Yoga.I got dvds.I love it!Its very relaxing and  the Tai Chi really keeps your joints loose,very cool.
By the way i have been making my OMM breads in the microwave in my silicone bakeware it works great! I was aliitle concerned about some of the plastic tupperware the girls were using so I tried it.Its pretty too.I have all kinds of different shapes like hearts and bears.I did a blueberry french toast in my bear bakeware it was so cute! I will have doug post the pics. :)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2011, 09:48:41 AM »
I've seen the silicone cookware, but never tried it.  I have read negative things about using plastic in the microwave.  I need to shop for silicone this week.

I also need some excercise dvds to be ready for the change in weather.  I actually got rained on 2 times at the track this week....though it felt GOOD.  However, when the temps drop, the rain won't be so nice.  ;)  Also, I have morning back pain from time to time.  I've heard that yoga & pilates can strengthen your core which helps with back pain.  I think it would be worth a try for me.

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2011, 04:43:52 PM »
Yoga is the best!  Low impact, but so effective!  And you just do what you are capable of.  I went a few times to a place and it was amazing how good I felt afterwards!  And it's great for mood too, helps even things out mentally.

shawn116

« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2011, 05:08:45 PM »
I use my WII fit when I can. It has yoga and such...  If any of yall have used it before you know what I mean when I say the trainers are annoying!!! ::) ::)  LOL  They keep me honest though.... :-\   I like that I can go at my own pace and if I'm having a bad day and can't move much I don't feel bad about missing  ;)  It's lots of fun for sure and even the games are quite a work out..... I especially like that I can whip the hubs in the bowling  ;D ;D

I have heard good things about the Tai Chi though.  Umpa what made you chose the one you have?  Did you order it online? 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2011, 09:44:05 AM »
Dougs 85 year old aunt Polly does Tai Chi everyday.I had always wanted to learn Tai Chi but didn't have time for classes because i work so much.I found a beginner video at amazon for $10 bucks and love it.i want to get the second one in the series next.Really helps with joint pain :)

shawn116

« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2011, 10:23:56 AM »
Thanks Umpa I'll check it out!   ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2011, 08:59:29 AM »
Samuel Barnes is the instructor on mine.He is very easy to understand. :)