Author Topic: Sept. 20th Started Again !  (Read 72923 times)

joagain

Re: Sept. 20th Started Again !
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2010, 05:58:52 PM »
I was thinking that  to when I read over my journal ,even though I stayed under 20 carbs I ate more processed meat & carbs instead of real meat & veggies ,so I will go back to real food .  Myabe next week will show a loss . thanks Sherriepie!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2010, 02:14:12 PM »
Sugar alcohols are like booze,they burn before fat.Just stay the course Jo, all will be well. ;)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2010, 02:17:30 PM »
Is it possible that the processed meat is full of salt & MSG and she is retaining water?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2010, 02:22:53 PM »
Yes it is.But as women our weight flucuates so much its hard to say(periods,menopause).I am a salt addict and it doesn't cause me a problem but my girlfriend looks at a salt grinder and her ankles swell! I think Jo should look at that as a possiability.

joagain

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2010, 02:31:07 PM »
Umpa  I think it is the SF candies , Umpas PB cookies that I like too much & maybe just the fat from the processed foods . I know fats are not what makes us fat but too much of anything is not good that is what got us here in the first place. I am staying the course believe me because of the way I feel . My cloths are itting different even though I have not lost inchs / LBi in the last 2 weeks . I have shown keytones the whole time . NO salt does not affect me it does my husband thank God it doenst me because I love it. Thanks guys

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2010, 08:53:49 AM »
Hi Jo, you've read it in the book, read it from my responses and heard me say it over and over. When you plateau STOP all sugar alcohols, get as close to zero carbs per day as you can and watch your portions. I guarantee the scale will move.  Time for you to get tough on FAT......KILL THE CARBS!!!!!!  ;)

Scarface - Say hello to my little friend
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

joagain

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2010, 09:00:07 AM »
Thanks Doug I got my little friend out it is this Forum  ;D

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2010, 10:11:01 AM »
Umpa  I think it is the SF candies , Umpas PB cookies that I like too much & maybe just the fat from the processed foods . I know fats are not what makes us fat but too much of anything is not good that is what got us here in the first place. I am staying the course believe me because of the way I feel . My cloths are itting different even though I have not lost inchs / LBi in the last 2 weeks . I have shown keytones the whole time . NO salt does not affect me it does my husband thank God it doenst me because I love it. Thanks guys

I bet you're right Joagain. I can't do the SF Candies every week either or I just don't loose anything. It's like my body holds on to those sugar alcohols and doesn't want to let it go. I have had great luck with the Jello Mousse, I eat one almost everyday. You should also see if you have the No carb/ No Sugar land-o-lakes whipped cream at your grocery store. I love that on my mousse or anything!   ;)

I also notice if I have too many diet sodas I don't loose either. My Dr says you should try and drink half your weight in ounces of water a day...doesn't work in diet soda though. LOL
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2010, 01:02:47 PM »
Thats a great way to describe water intake! ;) I always learn something talking to you SherriPie :)

joagain

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2010, 01:49:34 PM »
Oh my God drink half my weight in water . I would be floating from Alabama to New York . LOL  I drink any where from 60-80 ounces a day most of the days anyway . .

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2010, 08:22:06 AM »
Just My 2 Cents...

It seems alot of us are eating as if were at our goal weight and expect to lose weight..Which is not the case....Even tho this is a lifestyle change and you can eat some great tasting foods it doesnt mean your gonna lose weight just because your not eating sugar...If your still trying to lose a lot of weight still you must not eat certain things!! Period!!..And in my opinion all the snacking on candies and cookies must go!!!...Stick to your meals and one snack...SF jellos, low carb breyers fudge bars..(because u know exactly how many carbs your getting)....Stay in porportions and you will lose weight..Its not a miracle this program you must work with it...If your where you want to be then add all these wonderful recipes and then keep an eye out on what your taking in without gaining weight...Or if you want to lose weight eating alot and snacking on SF things then expect to lose slowly or possibly maintain where your at...If you work out and just plan exercise hard and every day then just maybe you can eat all the goodies and still lose but if thats the case I dont think we would be here with a weight problem...I know its a dirty word DIET but in simple language you must do this..(restrict a li'll something, something) to lose the bulk of your weight...
Live each day as if it was on purpose.

joagain

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2010, 08:36:49 AM »
Doreen I believe that was worth more then 2 cents ,thank ya girl . Kinda what doug umpa & sherriepie was saying stay away from SF they are easy to eat & & portion control . I need to keep it simple with real foods until i really get the hang of it . Just many years of bad habits I got to shed hadr to treat old dog new tricks !! thanks doreen

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2010, 03:31:01 PM »
Love the ticker change Sherripie, hang in there Jo!!!!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

Joanne

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »
I am now thinking that the sugar alcohols are what has held my loss back too! I need to rethink my menus and eating habits once again to get the scale to move.Can anyone give me a sample of their zero carb day?
Thanks

joagain

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2010, 08:18:05 PM »
I cant hardly stay at zero . But I have
breakfast - eggs & turkey sausage for breakfast (my eggs are 0) coffee with cream 5 carbs .
 Lunch -lunch meat with cheese melted on it 0 ccarb
 Supper - shrimp/1/2 cup veggies stirfried in butter 2 carbs
 SF jello with heavy cream 1 carbs